ABOUT DAVID HERN
Mr. Hern offers litigation assistance, estate and tax planning, and business enterprise valuations for various privately-held and public companies. He has been recognized for enabling organizations to determine their enterprise and equity value for a variety of situations including:
- Business and Marital dissolution
- Change of Control Transactions including M&A, Sale or IPO
- Financial reporting (common stock, stock options grants, purchase price allocations, impairment testing, etc.)
- Partner buy-in/buy-out
- SBA Loan
- Strategic planning
- Succession and Exit Planning
- Tax compliance (Estate & Gift – FLP, IRC §409A, S. Corp Conversion – NUBIG).
Georgia Institute of Technology, Scheller College of Business, Atlanta GA.
Masters of Business Administration, Finance emphasis.
Georgia Institute of Technology, Scheller College of Business, Atlanta, GA.
Bachelors of Science, Management with Accounting emphasis.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) — State of Georgia
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV)
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA)
- Level 3 Candidate of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation.
- Member of the Georgia Society of CPAs (GSCPA)
- Member of the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA)
- Member of The Appraisal Foundation (TAF)
- Member of the Beta Gamma Sigma, National Business Honor Society
- Member of Tech Association of Georgia (TAG)
- Member of Association for Corporate Growth (ACG)
Civic, Leadership, Honors, and Awards
- Class of 2017 Graduate, ACG University
- Subcommittee Member, ACG University
- Class of 2018, Leadership Gwinnett
- Board Member, Georgia Tech Men’s Lacrosse Team
- Board Member, Technology Association of Georgia FinTech Chapter
- Board Member, Georgia Tech Business Network
- Legacy Advisor Leadership Counsel, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta
- Member, Rotary Club of Dunwoody
- Certified Foster Home, Gwinnett County Department of Child and Family Services (“DFCS”)
- 2017 Standing Ovation Award Recipient, AICPA Forensic and Valuation Section (“FVS”)